Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday, February 19, 2010: Dear Anonymous

**This post is a little bit "outside the box". When I refer to "anonymous" at the beginning of the post I am referring to everyone that has commented anonymously.

Dear Anonymous,

I don't know who you are. I don't know your name or where you live. I don't know if you are a man or a woman ~ if you are young or old. I do know that there are times that you make me smile. There are times that you make me think. There are times that you make me cry and wonder why you would write something that hurtful. Your last comment left me in tears as well but these were tears of awe and wonder. You made me feel God's presence like I never have before. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to post the words you shared with me . . .

I have been searching the internet for ovarian cancer survivors for weeks. Hour after hour trying to find stories of hope to send my mom. She was first diagnosed in April 2008 had her surgery, went through chemo and was 'cured'. In early December she got really sick, but all the cancer tests, pet scan, ultrasounds etc looked good so the dr kept saying it was prob scar tissue that had gotten in her intestines. On 12/23 they finally went in to check it out since she had spent weeks in the hospital and it wasn't letting up. Turns our the cancer was back and her dr wasn't very hopefull either. They got it out but a couple weeks ago another tumor showed up so she is currently in some mayo clinic in AZ getting more tests done. The timeline on your situation just hit me like a brick wall and of all the blogs and sites this is the first time i've ever posted anything. I'm sure you know as well as I do that ovarian cancer is a very bad cancer and recurrence even worse. But I want you to know there are people with recurrent ovarian cancer who have lived past 5 yrs. I have found them by searching and searching online. You clearly have a strong faith and I know that will carry you very far. Never give up the fight and never for a second let anybody, whoever they are, tell you that you wont make it past 5 yrs. I have faith that my mom will make it. She will live long and my 7 mos old and 2 yr old will have many memories with her as they grow up. You will live to be with your babies as they have babies and long after that. I can feel it deep in my soul. I can feel the holy spirit as i read your blog tonight and I havent been to church in 11 yrs nor am i a religous person at all. You will make it... keep fighting with your body, your spirit, and your mind. God is with you , I felt him all around the moment I clicked on your site.

Thank you "anonymous" for your wonderful words of encouragement.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11