Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday, February 4, 2010: Random Thoughts

I have almost updated the blog many times over the past week. I've thought about updating on my treatments - 9 down, 18 to go. Or complaining about the fact that my neck is getting red, sore and itchy from the radiation (hopefully that means it's working!).

I was going to type about the tear I feel in my heart every time I watch my 5 year old walk into school. I will never get used to seeing that tiny little girl walking into school with all those big kids. Or how she looks up at her brother or sister when they walk in with her. Or the way she will turn around halfway to the door, blow me a kiss and on the top of her lungs yell "I love you Mommy!"

I almost wrote a post about how my daughter who just last year was so happy to see me when I came to school ~ her eyes would light up and she had the biggest smile. This year when she sees me at school her eyes get really wide and her jaw drops as if to say "uh, mom, what are you doing here?" Apparently it is no longer "cool" to be seen with your mom when you are in sixth grade. Sigh.

I've also been wanting to type a post on the song "What Do I Know of Holy" by Addison Road. What do I know? I just know that when I think about God, really think about Him I realize that I don't know much at all. Every time I hear that song I am vividly reminded about how magnificent He is and how small I am. But ~ this isn't a post about that ~ maybe some other day.


For now I'll simply leave you with something one of my daughters teachers emailed me (thank you Mrs. D!) which she had seen etched in the trails at Calvin College . . . .

"Be still and know that I am God."
"Be still and know that I AM."
"Be still and know."
"Be still."
"Be."