Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday, June 5, 2011: Day 12 - Expressions

We've been blessed these past 2 days by a return of some coherence...by Kristi, just to clarify.  The doctor stopped one of her meds and she has regained some alertness.  Today we all (Kristi's family and I) spoke to her at different times and we all got an "I love you".  This morning when I came back (I slept at home last night) I got a great big smile and a hug and my "I love you" that I have been craving.  It was so nice.  She can only whisper a few words at a time but she whispered the ones we've all been wanting to hear - "I love you".

Tuesday will mark 2 weeks without food and 1 week without water.  The only thing she has eaten for the past 2 weeks has been a few ice chips.  Her arms are looking very frail and her face is very thin.  When I spoke to her yesterday she whispered softly into my ear "very peaceful, very quiet, very still".  When I was reading to her this morning I read some random Psalms, one of which was Psalm 4...Psalm 4 ends with this verse: "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."  How fitting!

I had to leave the kids again tonight.  That's getting to be a tougher and tougher process.  I can tell it's really starting to wear on the kids.  The hugs are getting longer...less willing to let go; the eyes are getting tearier; their faces sadder.  They're getting tired; they miss their daddy.  They miss some resemblance of normal - whatever that ends up being.  Pray for the kids tonight. 

That's all for tonight.  Kristi needs some more ice chips.  Gotta go!

Good night.

.