Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday, May 10, 2010: Who Me? Worried? Naaaaah.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matthew 6:34 The Message

I'm trying really hard to apply this verse to my life but it's hard. Since starting the chemo pill last week I've had waves of nausea come and go that get worse every day. My fatigue has increased, my fingers and toes are tingly and I've been having a lot of twitches. I have had twitches since the beginning of this - it's just a side effect from the first chemo. Usually they only happen at night when I'm sleeping. Now they are coming during the day and also getting so strong that Brian has left to go sleep on the couch. Very frustrating.

Today my nausea and fatigue were overwhelming. It was so bad that Brian worked from home today so he could keep an eye on me. My doctor would like me to go in for a ct scan of my head tomorrow and have a bunch of lab work done including my CA125. His reason for the ct scan is because they think I may have an infection where my tooth was pulled.

The silver lining . . . I don't have to take my chemo pill tonight! And I get to spend tomorrow morning with Brian since he will be taking me. Past memories are flooding my mind right now. I have already "been there, done that and am ready for it to be done!"

We'll try to post sometime tomorrow when we hear from our nurse.