Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday, May 13, 2010: I Give

Waiving the white flag. I surrender. I compare myself to the modern day Job. If it isn't bad enough that my brother in law passed away 2 weeks ago and Kristi's cancer was all but declared terminal, today this is what I looked like when I woke up:

Nothing has been done with this photo. Kristi took one look at me and started making phone calls. My lips were swollen to the point that I could hardly talk, my eye lids were swollen to the point that I could hardly open them and I had this rash all over my body. I was in absolute misery. I've never had anything like this. So, she called our family doctor and they suggested taking me to the emergency room...which is where Kristi took these pictures:

Hives. The doctor said I have hives. Say what? What are hives?! I've never had them before. He doesn't know the reason I got them; he said sometimes stress can bring them on. He asked if I had an unusual amount of stress going on in my like. Well, yes. A little. I'm now taking 2 different antibiotics and a steroid. I still itch like crazy but we'll see what tomorrow brings.
I know that God won't give us any more than we can handle, but I've got to be close to my limit! I don't know how I could handle any more.
Kristi is back on her chemo pill. She did have a few waves of nausea today so we'll see what a few more days bring.
That's it for tonight. Prayers for my hives and Kristi's chemo are what we need now.
Thanks!