Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday, April 22, 2007: Kristi Shares Her Testimony

Hi everyone,

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be up in front of church talking to many, many people. Let alone volunteer to do it! I am still amazed that I wasn’t very nervous. Today God gave me the words that He wanted said and gave me the calmness to do it. I received very insightful words from a friend of my sisters (thanks again Mitch!) that said God does not ask for our ability, but only our avail”ability”. I am more than happy to do what God tells me to do but I do have to admit some days I am thinking “you want me to do what?!”.

Well, tomorrow brings round three of chemo. We will be meeting with the doctor at 9:00 and after that we go downtown for the chemo. At this appointment he will discuss the results of the stomach port and where my treatment should go from here. We have our opinion of where we would like to go and are praying that the doctor’s is the same.

I am so thankful for all of you and your prayers and all the help you offer. Emily will be shuffled between a couple different places this week and I know she will do great. We really appreciate all of you that help us with the kids during this week after chemo. The chemo knocks me down hard and I have a difficult time functioning on my own let alone taking care of the children. This is an especially hard week for Brian as he sees me at my worst and takes over all of the daily routines at home. I don’t know what I would do without him. Today was a huge emotional high for me and I will cling to that during this next week.

Please pray for:

Anyone that met God through my words today – that they will take that next step to finding out more about this awesome God we have!

Tomorrow’s appointment with the doctor – that we will all be on the same page with the treatment

The kids as they have a hard time seeing me so tired and not able to do anything with them

Brian as deals with the every day tasks and wipes away my tears and is my shiny hero

My CA125 level will be checked tomorrow – the normal count is 35. It was at 380 at my last round of chemo. Let’s pray that the last chemo blasted it right down to 35!

My parents are coming back from Mexico on Thursday (woohoo!!). Please pray that their last days there will continue to be peaceful and relaxing and that they will have a safe trip home.


Thank you again for your unending prayers and amazing support that you have shown our family during this trial.

Love,
Kristi