Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday, April 19, 2007: Good News

bkrogalske@sbcglobal.net
04/19/2007 10:55 PM


Hi everyone,

My nurse called this afternoon and my platelet count went from 28,000 to 113,000!!!! This is obviously an answer to many prayers!! I was stunned. So, no more blood tests until Monday – woohoo!!! My veins did a happy dance after hearing that! This also means I can do chemo on Monday. They don’t have the results of the distribution test yet (to know whether or not they can use my stomach port). I did have some swelling where they injected the dye on Tuesday night. After lying down for ½ hour the swelling went away. He thinks this was a possible leakage in the tube and my doctor is concerned about that. If the chemo leaks out it would be dangerous. My nurse doesn’t think that the doctor will want to do the stomach port with this round of chemo. I have decided that I do not want to do the stomach port this round, regardless of what he says. Thank goodness for patient rights! I am feeling very confident that the cancer is gone but still feel that we should do one more round of chemo (only in my chest port). After this round, the plan is to do the surgery to reverse my colostomy (woohoo again!!!!!!) and at that time they can check to see if there is any cancer (so they can see with their eyes what I believe in my heart) and also check to see how the stomach port is doing.

I have been on such an emotional high since Wednesday afternoon and it has been wonderful. My faith has grown stronger as my prayers have grown bolder. I do realize that we still have obstacles to overcome but for right now I am asking that if it is God’s will, He remove this cancer. I asked my nurse if they have had any miracle healings at their office and she said they had and that they would love to have more so I told her that I will be their next one. All your prayers are moving mountains for me!

I have been wanting to share my testimony for quite some time but hadn’t gotten up the nerve to ask our minister about it. I e-mailed him last night to let him know that I would be willing to do that whenever he thought was appropriate and I have been asked to share it this Sunday. I am so excited and thrilled to be able to do this! So many people are out there that don’t receive these e-mails and the only thing they know about me is that I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and am receiving chemo. We all know there is so much more to the story! I have such a purpose in life now and look forward to shining and sharing. For those of you who don’t know me, I have always been a quiet person, even painfully shy in high school. So, this is as about as far out of my comfort zone as I can go and yet I’m not feeling nervous. Okay, so maybe a little bit! But I am confident that God will give me the right words so that I can shine and show many people how great and powerful God is!

Continuing to shine,
Kristi