Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Tuesday, April 3, 2007: We're Tired

Hi everyone,

Sorry for such a long delay! This last round of chemo knocked me down pretty hard. Because of the surgery I had a week before chemo, my blood counts were quite low. My body is taking extra long to fight back this time. I also came down with the flu bug on Sunday. Major bummer. After lots of resting Sunday and Monday I am feeling better today. I am still quite weak and tire easily which is very frustrating for me. I have also started having neuropathy in my feet. This is a side effect that typically comes more into the 3rd or 4th round of chemo. My feet are tingly and numb and now I have a pain in my right foot. My nurse said that this should fade. I am also starting to feel it in my hands as well. Right now it is tolerable but I am hoping it fades quickly!

The kids are all healthy and enjoying their spring break. Thanks to many of our friends and family, they have been going to fun places and having a great time! I am so grateful to everyone that has helped with the kids recently as I wasn’t even able to take care of myself. It’s really hard to sit still. God knew I was struggling with this because while I was reading a devotional last night He gave me this verse . . . . You, Lord, will fight for me; help me only to be still . . . which is from Exodus 14:13-14. I love God moments!


We have been so blessed with meals and child care and cards and so much more. I could never say thank you enough. It has been a long battle and we still have a long ways to go but we are still confident that we will defeat this cancer with God’s help. I have many specific prayer requests and am so grateful to all of you who lift them up.

*please pray that the neuropathy in my hands and feet will subside
*continued good health for our family
*I will continue to get stronger every day and my blood counts will rise back on their own
*continued focus on the here and now
* Brian’s getting worn down and tired. Pray for new strength and patience.
*That I will continue to grow in my relationship with God. It is so easy to try and take the wheel and pretend to take control. I miss the closeness that I had with God during my week in the hospital and want to have that back.
*the kids seem to be adjusting to my new "look" and are doing well. Pray that they will continue to grow with us and be open during this time

Thank you!!!!!!


Love,
Kristi