Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday, April 12, 2007: Just An Update

bkrogalske@sbcglobal.net
04/12/2007 09:20 PM


Hi everyone,

What a crazy week! Fortunately my hives went away and didn’t come back. I had a home health nurse come today. I don’t think I mentioned in yesterday’s e-mail that I need to have a shot every day to stimulate my white blood cell growth. I had one in the hospital and we need to give them at home over the weekend. Brian actually gave me the shot today in my stomach and he loved it! Too crazy. The needle is so small that I don’t even feel it. The nurse was very impressed with him. Add one more thing to his list of many talents! The shots cost over $2000 but fortunately we were able to have our insurance cover it. It only took a couple phone calls and we had to pay $100 out of our own pocket. I don’t know what we would do without insurance!

My parents made it safely to Mexico (hi mom & dad!!!). They will be there for two weeks and are staying with my aunt (my dad’s sister). Please continue to keep them in your prayers that they will be able to relax and have a wonderful well deserved vacation.

I was thinking today that I wish life had a stop button or a pause button. I’d love to rewind and then just hit the fast forward button through this time. It does become overwhelming at times and I wonder how I’ll ever get through. I know I couldn’t do it without my huge network of prayer warriors. You have all been so amazingly supportive and encouraging. Please continue to just cover us in prayers for healing and patience. I see God’s hand at work through this entire experience and that is what keeps me going.


Love,
Kristi