Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tuesday April 24, 2007: Blood Transfusion Day:

An unexpected day. Kristi called me at 11:30 and told me that we needed to be to the hospital at 12:30 for the blood transfusion - but Holland Hospital - Yeah!!. The transfusion wasn’t supposed to be until tomorrow. Oh well. For the most part, the transfusion itself was pretty uneventful…I even got to hang out a bit with Denny and see Baby Brynn. However, when I came back from eating dinner, I found Kristi in a heap on the floor in the bathroom throwing up. There were no nurses, just Kristi laying on the floor. So I ran out to get a nurse and we helped her back to her bed. She threw up for about another hour until they gave her some anti-nausea medicine. That was tough to see. She just had a reaction to the transfusion I guess. Because of this, we didn't end up getting back home until about 8:00PM.



We took this picture and sent it to Denny when we first got to the hospital. Denny was there with his family because of the birth of Baby Brynn.