Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday, January 12, 2007: Eric's Blog

Many of you have asked about my brother-in-law and wanted me to let them know when his blog is ready . . . . well, it is! If you would like to check it out, the link is www.ericfox.us. It has pictures of him and his family, a bio of the journey that has led him to where they are now and updates. I continue to be amazed at Lori and Eric's strength and know that God will use Eric to help many people. Thank you for your prayers on their behalf.

I continue to make a little progress every day. As Brian said in an earlier post, my "plumbing" is working well. He's such a comedian :) Right now I just struggle with the pain in my incision which is simply the scar tissue and the continued healing. It is getting harder to limit myself as I feel better. I have had many times that I over-do it because I am feeling well and then end up paying for it later.

I'll end with a verse that I came across the other day that was very encouraging to me.

I didn't die. I lived! And now I'm telling the world what God did. God tested me, he pushed me hard, but he didn't hand me over to death. Swing wide the city gates—the righteous gates! I'll walk right through and thank God! Psalm 118:17-19 (from The Message)