Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday, January 19, 2008: Baby It's Cold Outside!

Brrrrr! I can't believe how cold it is! Despite this crazy weather, Brian and I braved it out for a date tonight. We went to dinner and did some shopping. I stayed in the car for a lot of the stores while Brian went in. I'm feeling a bit nauseous today (I think from the chemo) and with that and the biting cold, it was just easier to stay in the warm van. I think this was our first date since before surgery and it was so nice to get out.

I didn't seem to get hit too hard with side effects this round. I had a sore throat, stomach ache, headache during the week and nausea that started today. It's hard to say if it's chemo related or just a bug. I'm tired quite a bit too which is frustrating. Overall though I'm thankful that we've made it this far.

Some prayer requests:

*That the chemo will kill the cancer and not cause damage to anything else

*Continued good health for the family

*Brian is sleeping better at night and has been running again - pray that he will have the willpower to keep that up. He is quite tired because he is so busy with work and doing many things around the house that I am not able to do yet. Please say a prayer for extra patience for him.

*Lori & Eric and kids are beginning their second week in Florida. They are having a great time. They've posted a lot of pictures on their blog which is www.ericfox.us and then click on the "text blog"