Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday, June 24, 2007: Weekend Update

Another week has passed. Physically Kristi is feeling a little better. Hopefully this week she will be able to just focus on getting stronger. Emotionally, however, she continues to struggle. Not sure what’s causing this extended funk, but we’re ready for her light to shine brighter again. She was looking back through the blog at some of the old postings trying to figure out what she’s doing differently and why she was shining so brightly before and not now. Maybe it’s just her body getting worn down from the chemo that’s causing these extended down times. I don’t know. She said yesterday she feels like her body is giving up. Not her mind, just her body. I’m afraid if her body goes, her mind won’t be far behind. So we can’t let that happen. Please pray that this week Kristi is able to get a lot of strength back.

I’m actually doing better emotionally. Not sure why my mood changes, but it does. Even with Kristi down this weekend I’ve been positive. I guess that’s my role. Keep praying that as long as she’s down I can continue to be her rock.


Hey everyone,


I just wanted to put my two cents in too. Everyone has been thanking us for our honesty. It’s not easy because I feel like I am letting everyone down. I have felt empty lately and am missing something. I know God hasn’t moved away but I have. I don’t know how or why but I do know that I want my joy and peace back. If I’m not honest and tell you about it then I lose the opportunity to be flooded with your prayers. So, here I am, spilling my guts. Please pray that I will let God fill that hole in my heart and that I can kick this depression. Here are some more specifics:

*I have my blood drawn this Tuesday for the CA125 level and probably won’t have the results until Wednesday – pray that the number is low and that we will have peace and faith while we wait for the results

*praise for good health for the entire family

*strength to get through the hot days – the heat really wears me out

*my doctor as he decides where to go from here after he gets the CA125 number