Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday, June 13, 2007: Day 2, Round 5

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give Brian a night off of the blog. Today was pretty uneventful. Things went so smoothly that we were out of there 1/2 hour early! My brother stopped by this afternoon to visit with Brian while I snoozed - thanks Kevin! We did get the CA125 level back. It's a good news/bad news kind of thing. It went down to 115. We're glad it went down but were hoping it would have gone lower. Because it didn't normalize (35), I will need at least one more round of chemo added on which means I now have two more rounds to go. Until it normalizes, they will keep extending my chemo cycles. Once it normalizes, I will need to complete two more cycles. I can't say I'm excited about it but I do know the more chemo I get, the less cancer I have. If the number doesn't normalize next time they may have to consider a different kind of chemo. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Right now I am still pretty groggy from the medicine. I am hoping for a bit of a steroid high yet tomorrow and then Thursday and Friday are typically my rough fatigue days. Thank you so much for your prayers these past two days. We have felt them and were blessed with uneventful days with no complications. All of my blood count numbers are doing good - yea!


Here's Kristi chillin before chemo...what a princess!
"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!" Psalm 147:1