Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wednesday, June 27, 2007: CA125 Results


It’s a bad news/good news sort of thing. We got Kristi’s CA125 number this afternoon and it’s 102. We were obviously hoping for much lower, but it is what it is. Kristi called her chemo doctor and they are going to change her chemo schedule back to what they were doing the first 3 rounds since that seemed to be much more effective. So that’s the good news. Kristi’s chemo schedule will be back to 1 dose every 3 weeks. It’s a little frustrating for me being a control freak that I’m trusting these “experts” with my wife’s life…literally! It seems sort of like a guessing game to me... where’s the tactical plan?! (sorry, that’s a work joke).

So I guess we just wait now until she goes in for round 6, which will be Monday. She will get just one dose in her chest port. The next time she gets her CA125 level checked will be round 7…July 23. Until then we just wait and wonder. Like I said…frustrating. But, Kristi is excited to be back to one treatment every 3 weeks, and hey, if it works better then great!

If I wrote anymore it would be a downer, so I’m going to quit at that. I can’t even begin to explain what I’m feeling right now. Last night was fun anyway and tomorrow is a new day…that’s the way we live – one day at a time.