Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday, June 20, 2007: A Prayer

Two good days in a row. Pray with me. God, thank you! Thank you for minimizing the side effects so far with this last dose. Thank you God for great friends and family to pick us up when we’re down. Thank you Lord for all the people that love us and that are praying for us. God, please continue to wrap your arms around Kristi and hold her and comfort her. I love you God. I love the way you protect us and know our limits. God, you are in control. Forgive us for wandering outside of your pasture, Lord. Thank you so much for bringing us back. Please continue to be with Kristi and comfort her, give her strength, give her peace. Lord, be with the kids; protect them, and be with our family and friends watching them. Please bring the kids home safely tomorrow and Friday. Thank you God for everything you do. Amen.

We had a great night tonight. Kristi’s nausea has been non-existent. Her stomach pain has been minimal so far. Granted, we realize that the steroids are still in her, however, last round she was puking by now. So we are very thankful for the new medicine. All the kids are gone (Ashley and Nathan are at Brower’s cottage and Emily is at my parents) so we enjoyed dinner at Logans. We split a steak dinner and picked up some ice cream for desert tonight…too Dutch to pay $5.00 for a desert at Logans when Walgreens has a sale…buy one get one free Edy’s ice cream!!

This is a picture that a friend of mine from work e-mailed me. He was at the Relay for Life walk at West Ottawa High school Friday night and took this picture…doesn’t it give you goose bumps?! Thanks Pete!!

What a great couple of days. I still remember the anxiety on Monday night. What a difference. I have felt the prayers lifting me and again have let God take the wheel. Chemo day went fine, I slept wonderful last night and today, although I have been tired, it was a great day. I had a great time on my date with Brian. We went out in the jeep with the top down and enjoyed an awesome supper together. I feel like we are on the same page again. Tonight we read the introduction to the book of Job from The Message. It is exactly what we have been looking for. We are going to read some together every night. Please keep this in your prayers that we will keep this as a priority.

Yes, cancer does suck. But what do you do with that? Let it consume you? Eat you up? No, we move on and deal with what life has handed us. We will find the positive in this and continue to use it to glorify God. I know the devil is going to give us a run for our money, but we have our armor on now so he doesn’t stand a chance. Thank you for being a part of this journey with us. Your prayers and support are invaluable!

God bless you!

Brian & Kristi