Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday, September 28, 2007: Answered Prayers

God sure does work in mysterious ways. He used the prayer of one person to help me and the prayers of many of you to help Brian. Although Brian had a bad night last night with little sleep, he woke up this morning with a renewed focus and determination and he is shining! He didn't know that I had updated the blog asking for prayers for him.

I was not able to fall asleep last night and unfortunately my mind decided to take a detour down statistic lane. After many tears and why me's I came downstairs and e-mailed a friend. I didn't think she would be up but I wanted to type my fears and get them out of my head. Plus I knew she would pray for me when she did get the e-mail. God knew I'd be needing her prayers - she was still up and got the e-mail. I had a peace shortly after sending the e-mail. Like a weight lifted.

I don't' know how we would get by without the prayers of so many people. Some days though I have to wonder if God is ready to say "all right already, I hear your prayers for the Rogalske's!" If he had a busy signal we would certainly have heard it by now. But thankfully there are no busy signals, just a direct connection that I know is being made constantly on our behalf. It's more powerful than any medication I am on.

That being said - here are the the specifics.

*Emily's cold is going away - yea!!!!!

*Brian is doing great today. Please continue the prayers for peace, patience, good sleep and the ability to focus on the day to day.

*Nathan's stitches came out earlier this week and his cheek is healing well.

*Ashley is doing great - she is turning into a young lady right before my eyes!

*I have been feeling great. Other than my occasional tears, which always seem to help me after shedding them, I have been doing really good and have a positive attitude.

*We were supposed to do the neupagen shots this week after chemo and we forgot. Oops. I spoke with my nurse today and we aren't able to do them now because it is too close to my chemo. Pray that my white blood count will have gone up enough on its own so that I can still have chemo on Monday.

*We have friends who's daughter broke her arm earlier this week. Instead of surgery or a cast, the doctors are waiting for gravity to pull the bone back in place (it shifted with the break). She has to wear a sling and "lay around" until she goes back to the doctor next Tuesday. Please pray for relief from pain, patience and that her arm will heal correctly and quickly. Her name is Claudia and her parents are Brian & Janna.

*My parents began moving into their new home this week. Their "big" move day is tomorrow. Please pray for safety for everyone helping out and for peace for my parents who are moving out of a home that my dad built and we had lived in as a family for many, many years.

Thank you for reading this lengthy update and for all your prayers!