Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday, September 22, 2007: Hello from Frankenmuth

What a beautiful day. We couldn't have asked for better weather! We've shopped at Birch Run, been out for meals, walked around Frankenmuth and had fun just being together. I think my favorite part so far is just being alone with Brian. We both noticed that the restaurants were noisy and the stores were busy. Frankenmuth is super busy with the Oktoberfest - people everywhere! We've gone to bed early, took naps, and slept in. It feels so good to catch up on sleep. Well, I did anyway. Brian was woke up at 2 in the morning by our loud neighbors and then someone at 7 in the morning sounded like they were doing aerobics above us. Thankfully I slept through that. We've moved rooms and are on the top floor so at least we won't have anyone making noise above us. I know most people that come here probably just use the hotel for sleep and are busy sight seeing and shopping all day long. We've found our most peaceful and relaxing time to be in the hotel without the loud noise and people. It's like our little escape from the world. Well, I'm in the middle of a really good book so I'm going to sign off for now. I have a cup of hot tea, a bag of fudge (yummmmmm!!!) and Brian by my side. Life doesn't get much better than this!!