Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday, September 19, 2007: Busy week

I can't believe how quickly time flies these days. It was a busy weekend followed by a couple of busy days. I am so glad that I am able to start doing a lot of the things that I had to stop doing after I was diagnosed. It feels so good to do "normal" things again. I feel like cancer has taken a back seat to my living these days and that it's simply a minor inconvenience.

I have thought about what it will be like to be "cancer free" and have my energy back and my hair back. The thought is so exciting! It's also a little strange. My cancer is what showed me how to be God's light. We were just living your average life before this happened and now we have been put into the spotlight and given a huge opportunity to share our faith with others.

I some days wonder what we will do when this chapter is done. Will we be bold and look for more ways to continue to shine God's light or will we settle back into the old routine of just gliding through life? I know I will never take living for granted again. But I also think that when we are healthy and strong it is more difficult to show God's power. It's when we are weak and broken when God's strength comes through. Obviously my prayer is that I will be healthy again, but I want to also be able to continue to shine. Kind of a bittersweet problem!

I have to have blood work done tomorrow. Please pray that my counts will be up. I will have my CA125 level tested next Monday. I'm so anxious to find out where that is at!

We are going to U of M on Friday to meet with the doctor there. My parents are taking Emily Thursday night (since we are leaving early on Friday) and Brian's parents offered to come here and watch the kids for the weekend. We will be staying in the Birch Run/Frankenmuth area until Sunday. I'm so excited to get away!

Ashley is doing great these days. Nathan's face is healing nicely. Emily has had a couple of interesting days. She has a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde personality going on. Please pray that she isn't coming down with anything.

I have been having so much fun being "normal" but need to be careful to limit myself which is difficult. I want to do so much! Pray that I will make wise decisions and learn to pace myself so I don't overdo it.

Brian is doing pretty good. We can't tell if the medication is helping yet but we're only in week one. He is having a lot of trouble sleeping lately though which makes him tired. He is very frustrated that he is not able to run because his ankle still gives him trouble. Before he sprained it he would work out every day whether playing basketball or running. I think not being able to exercise is making him tired as well.

Thank you so much for all your prayers. We are so blessed to have so many family, friends and strangers praying for us!