Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday, September 23, 2007: We're Back

We're home after a quiet weekend in Frankenmuth. Well, after the drunks passed out it was finally quiet anyway. As Kristi said in yesterday's post, we had some very rowdy neighbors Friday night that woke me up at 2:00AM. For whatever reason, once I get woke up I have a hard time falling back asleep. So I tossed and turned the rest of the night. But, we were able to change rooms yesterday morning and we had a quiet night last night in our new room.

Yesterday afternoon, after our nap of course, we went to Birch Run along with thousands of other people. The only thing I have to say about Birch Run is...just because the store has "outlet" in it's name doesn't make things inside it a good deal! If they mark the price up 100% then advertise "everything 50% off" it's not a deal!!! I was amazed as I watched all these people walking around with bags upon bags of stuff with this determined look on their face...as if they were on a mission to conquer the world. I don't get it. The deals weren't great. Mark a shirt down to less than $10 then you get my attention. Say 'half off' and it's marked $60, I scoff. We did find a few things though...mostly trinkets for the house and camper. Oh yeah, and I did find one shirt for $4.99 so I was happy!!

How pathetic are we?! ...while trying to get back to our hotel yesterday evening, we took a wrong turn and somehow ended up right in the middle of Oktober fest celebrations!! There was a massive beer tent, extremely loud music, and lots of people. I mean LOTS of people. Oh my!!! We couldn't get out of there fast enough! AHHHHH!!! After escaping, we just spent last night in the hotel room talking, reading and watching meaningless TV. It's nice to be able to talk without interruption..."I WANT JUICE". It's amazing some of the stuff we talk about these days. A year ago it would have all been hypothetical. Now it's reality.

Well, tomorrow we go in for the final dose (number 4) of round 8. We will also get Kristi's CA125 level checked. The doctors at U of M told us not to be surprised if we don't notice a difference with the first round. They indicated with this type of chemo it may take a round or two to knock down her CA125 level. In fact, they said it may even go up. So, we're not going to be disappointed if it stays the same or goes up slightly. Just a head's up.

We were given a lot of interesting information by the doctors at U of M. We will be discussing a lot of this tomorrow with Kristi's oncologist. We have lots of questions that need answers. Once we get answers, we'll let everyone know what the plan is moving forward.

Thanks for the prayers over the weekend. Everyone stayed healthy and Kristi and I enjoyed a nice weekend together.