Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday, September 9, 2007: Busy Weekend

Wow, two nights without an update - sorry! With us, no news is good news. If there was something wrong, Brian would be sending out an update requesting prayers right away. This past weekend was just your typical busy family weekend.

We spent Friday night with friends and Saturday night we had a babysitter call us and offered to babysit if we'd like to go out. I didn't even have to think about an answer for that one! So, we went out to dinner and did some shopping. Nothing too exciting but it is always nice to get out by ourselves.

We were talking a bit that night about the different rounds of chemo I've been through. Even though this one is a weekly thing, it's definitely the easiest. The side effects are very minimal. Remember the extreme fatigues and nausea from the first few rounds and then the stomach pain and diarrhea that went with the chemo in the stomach port? Not to mention having to go in on day 1, 2 and 8 of a 21 day cycle. We've come a long way!

I talked to my chemo nurse and the plan is for me to go in for chemo tomorrow. She thinks my counts will be high enough. My platelet level must be at 75,000 for this type of chemo. It was at 105,000 last week. So, we'll go in and see. Brian is actually letting my mom take me this time! He has been so protective of me. Since this is a more predictable chemo and it doesn't hit me as hard, he's willing to let others drive me occasionally.

I heard from Doris and her doctor said that he believes that the pain in her neck is from the chemo treatments. He sounds very optimistic about her outlook. Her CA125 level was a 9! Please continue to keep her in your prayers for peace of mind and that the cancer will not return.

Here's some more requests:

*Louise has her surgery this week Wednesday.

*The kids are having a hard time getting to sleep at night and are very tired in the morning. Pray that they will adjust to this new schedule soon.

*Brian has a doctors appointment on Tuesday. Despite eating healthy and exercising, he is constantly tired. He has also had a couple spells recently where he feels like he is coming down with the flu. He has also had a lot of ups and downs with his mood. Please pray that the doctor will be able to help him figure out what is wrong. Also, pray that he will have peace and patience and strength this week.

*Safe travel for me and my mom tomorrow.