Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday, September 30, 2007: The Lions Are 3-1!

See, miracles are possible!!

We had a tough week last week. Toughest in a while. One good thing our trip to U of M did was it reassured us that our current path is the correct one. We had some doubt, so the trip to U of M eliminated that doubt. That was the main objective of the trip.

However, one not-so-good thing the trip to U of M did was it undusted a bunch of crusty old statistics that had been stored away and forgotten about for a long time. The doctors there dusted them off and showed them to us again. We let them get the best of us. Well, I did, then I started sliding down a slippery slope. Half way down I grabbed on to Kristi and dragged her with me. So we spent some days down in the dumps last week. But Friday morning I woke up recharged. Kristi is also doing much better. Answered prayers no doubt. So, we're going to stick those crusty old statistics back on the shelf. No, we're going to bury them and forget about them!

One more thing. I made a decision Friday morning (about 3:00AM). As I was lying in bed, I decided all this madness started for me soon after I started taking those anti-depressant meds. Those gave me insomnia so I started taking sleeping pills. I decided enough with the pills - I'm going to detox. I'm no longer on any meds or sleeping pills and I feel great! I had a decent night's sleep last night and even went out for a run today...although it was slow and somewhat painful, I made it 2.5 miles!

We just wanted to let everyone know that we're back! We're ready to start shining again. I suppose it's normal to have these down times from time to time, but it was a drag!! That's when we need all of you the most. Thank you very much for all the prayers.

Tomorrow we go in for the first dose of round 9. Please pray that Kristi's counts are high enough for her to get chemo. Also pray that the Lord continues to keep our spirits up. We showed last week just how easy it is to get dragged down. Emily is over her cold so thank you for her prayers as well. We can't believe it's October already and we are anxious to get another month behind us.