Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday, October 14, 2007: Strange Weekend

What a strange weekend! Friday night Kristi was still weak and tired so we stayed home (we had plans to go to the Holland Christian football game). Saturday morning we had plans to go to Cranes Apple Orchard with friends and ride the hay ride and pick apples. Kristi was still tired and weak so she stayed home in bed while I took the kids to Cranes with our friends. Then I got a call from Kristi on my cell phone while on the hay ride..."now don't freak out honey". I love it when the conversation begins like that! Well, she was at Holland Hospital getting fluids through an I/V (she had a friend drive her). She was bleeding and was still very weak so her doctor told her to go to the hospital...ends up she was also dehydrated, that's why she got the fluids. So, our friends were nice enough to take the kids for me and pick apples while I headed to the hospital.

We are so blessed to have such understanding and great friends. Thank you Sheri for taking Kristi to the hospital and thanks Den and Stace for taking the kids without hesitation. I also had to cancel plans with my friend Brian (sorry Brian) in the afternoon and we had to cancel going to a work party. Sorry Guys! I think our friends are becoming quite used to this just as much as we are. Isn't that sad?!

Today Kristi is feeling much better. She is getting her strength back and was even able to help with some of the bedroom rearranging today. Praise God.

Last week I promised an update on how we're doing with raising money for Lori & Eric. Well, so far we have raised nearly $400 in just over 2 months!! That is awesome!!

Here are some words from Kristi:

As Brian said earlier, we did some bedroom rearranging over the weekend (between being sick and hospital visits!). Ashley has moved back downstairs, Nathan back to his old room, and Emily into the room the kids were sharing. Lots of work but definitely worth it. Ashley and Nathan were starting to fight a lot and they needed their own space. I think Ashley is a bit nervous being in the basement but is mostly excited to have her own room again "away from Nathan".

I am feeling a lot better today. Tomorrow morning I have to go to Holland Hospital for blood work and depending on the counts, I may or may not have chemo.

Some prayer requests:
*Ashley has been upstairs twice now since I have been typing this because she hears noises. She has always had a hard time falling asleep at night and now being in a new room I'm sure it will be harder. Please pray that she will be able to fall asleep so she can get the sleep she needs.

*Nathan misses having Ashley in the room (although I think it is so he has someone to pick on). Pray also that he will adjust to the new setting).

*Emily acted a little out of sorts earlier today and I thought she may be coming down with the flu. She was much better after her nap but please pray that she, as well as all of us, will stay healthy.

*Thanks that the bleeding stopped yesterday and no further action was needed. Also for the friends and family that have stepped in time and time again this weekend to help us.

* Pray for Brian as he has been running ragged since Thursday (and the kids woke him up 3 times last night!). He has been able to do some running again and can tell it is helping. Pray also that his ankle will continue to heal so he is able to keep running.

Thank you!!