Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday, October 16, 2007: Expect the unexpected

Well, the strangeness continues. I wasn't able to have chemo today but not because of my counts. This morning a part of my tooth fell off. Yup - I'm falling apart.

The week before I found out I had cancer I was scheduled to have a crown. Needless to say, I had to postpone it. Well, my tooth continued to decay to the point that part of it became so soft it chipped off. So this afternoon I went in and had a crown put on and the tooth next to it filled because it was starting to decay as well.

I can actually look back and see God's hand throughout today. Because of the chip, I had to get in today. My dentist had a cancellation this afternoon otherwise it would have been difficult to get in. He said that I was quite lucky that it chipped because it was very close to needing a root canal. Yikes! Plus, my oncologist was on the fence on whether or not I should have chemo today. My counts were low but I could have had it. They wanted to wait until next week though and weren't' sure what to do. My chipped tooth answered it for them! Even my nurse said it was "a God thing".

I'm fortunate to have a really good dentist who knows that I am quite anxious about dental work. He is also aware of what is going on in our life. He did an awesome job today! Even though he had a cancellation, he still made some changes to make sure he could take care of me today.

Now that the numbness has worn off I am feeling a lot better. The kids thought that I sounded pretty funny when I talked with a numb tongue! I'm pretty tired now so it's time to turn in. Good night!