Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday, July 13, 2007: All is well


Hooray for answered prayers! Emily is fine. The doctor sent us to the hospital for a skull x-ray which Emily did not care for. They got the results already this afternoon and called to tell us that it is just a bruise that is healing. She must have bumped her head at some point. I couldn't believe how quickly we went from the doctor, to the hospital, to having the results all in one day. That doesn't happen very often!

Brian's ankle seems a bit better today. It looks worse but he has less pain when he stands on it. He's been icing it and wrapping it and keeping it elevated. He also heard that playing golf was therapeutic for a sprained ankle so he did that this afternoon. Can't say I have too much sympathy!

I was talking to Sheryl today (she has been coordinating our meals for us) and she told me that she just hit the end of the list of people. It's been 5 1/2 months! We've had meals delivered between 1-3 times a week depending on whether it's a chemo week for me or not. You people are amazing! We have been so well taken care of.

I've had a busy week and am starting to feel a bit run down. We have a fairly quiet weekend that I'm looking forward to. Thanks for your prayers for Emily. Please continue to pray for Brian's ankle, my energy, and continued focus on one day at a time. Thank you!!!