Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday, July 26, 2007: No chemo this week

I got the results from my blood test this morning and my platelets went up to 42,000. Unfortunately this isn't even close to where they need to be. The new plan is for me to go to the emergency room on Sunday (since there aren't any labs open) and have my blood drawn then. My nurse will call me at 8:00 AM Monday morning to let us know if the number went up enough to have chemo.

Although I was originally disappointed, I am also excited to have a weekend where I am feeling good. My brother and his wife are taking our kids overnight Friday night and even though it would have worked great if we had chemo on Friday, I am even more excited about having a night "off" and not being beat down from the chemo.

Brian might be able to postpone his trip a couple days next week if necessary. Hopefully I will be able to have chemo on Monday so it won't alter his plans too much. He really needs to go have his boys' weekend and recharge.