Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunday, July 1, 2007: We Went Camping!!


What a beautiful weekend! Our family went camping this weekend at PJ Hoffmaster State Park with my parents, brother, sister and their families. Lots of people and lots of fun! The weather was perfect and we had a great time. This was the first time we brought Emily camping with us and she did great!! She even slept in until 9:00!! It was a perfect way to end my time of feeling good before I begin chemo again tomorrow.

Tomorrow will begin the chemo in my chest port. This will be round 6. When we did this initially, it knocked me pretty hard with fatigue and low energy. I am hoping that since we aren’t using the stomach port anymore that my stomach pain and nausea will be lessened. We meet with my doctor before the chemo and will be discussing the future plans – possibly reversing the colostomy before all the chemo treatments. I think they will also check my CA125 level again tomorrow…not sure though.

Emotionally I am still doing great thanks to all your prayers and encouraging cards and e-mails. Thank you!! Here’s some specific prayer requests.

*wisdom for Dr. Downey
*chemo will go smoothly tomorrow without any complications
*energy for this week
*patience for Brian as he takes on a lot of the work around the house and with the kids
*praise for such a great weekend with family – good health – safe travel
*prayer of thanks for all the wonderful friends and family we have supporting us


Here are some pictures from this weekend...

.
say cheeeeese
.
Kristi's always wanted to be a gangsta
.
let's eat!
.
of course the kids are always this well behaved...
.
Let's see if we can scare my Daddy!!
.
Ashley & Nathan watching a movie...
.
Playing Racko with Grandma & Aunt Stephanie
.
Kristi making hobo pie desert...yummy