Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday, July 12, 2007: A taste of the "normal" life


Wow, I can't believe the counter is closing in on 9000 hits! That is amazing. I have had a great week. Tuesday was a bit rough as I felt really tired and exhausted. I had forgotten about the day 8-10 slump with this chemo. Fortunately it was just Tuesday that I was down. Yesterday I was able to visit with a neighbor (Hi Sheri!) and also a friend and her adorable little one year old daughter (Hi Lori & Breanne!). It was so nice to visit and catch up and have the energy to do it. Today I went to a friend's house and Ashley and Emily got their hair cut (thanks Merry!) and also was able to visit with a friend and her girls this afternoon (Hi Heidi, Emma & Sam!).

Tonight we went downtown and had supper at Froggy's with my parents and then went to watch my brother perform downtown. It has been so nice seeing people again and catching up. During chemo week I feel so disconnected from everyone. I am pretty whipped tonight and am looking forward to a good nights sleep. More fun tomorrow though as we're going to a park in the morning with some friends.

Also tomorrow afternoon I am taking Emily to the doctor. She has a bump on her head that doesn't seem to bother her but it's just not going away. When Emily was six months old we went through a lot of testing (ct scans, MRI's) because her head was larger than the rest of her body. There was concern about possible fluid on her brain at the time but everything turned out okay. Now we're wondering if something is going on in connection with that. Hopefully it's just a bump but if you could keep that in your prayers we'd appreciate it!

Brian has sprained his ankle pretty bad if not broken it. He was playing basketball today with a friend and took a fall. It's pretty swollen and painful when he walks on it. But, being the "man" he is, he's just toughing it out. Please keep him in your prayers as well.

I received my blood work results and although my counts are low, they aren't super low. I have to do the neupagen shots again but only for five days instead of the usual ten.

Thankfully I am sleeping much better too. I had some bad dreams but did not wake up so distressed from them this time.

Some prayer requests:

*Emily's doctors appointment Friday afternoon

*Brian's ankle

*that I will continue to stay healthy and strong in-between chemo rounds

*the shots will do the trick and bring my counts back to normal

Brian's ankle

Here's a slide show Brian put together with the pictures he took tonight downtown. My brother Kevin was performing with his puppet Jacob. The music in the slide show is being performed by my brother Kevin and some of his friends.