Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday, July 10, 2007: Thank You!

We had a number of people come forward with wheel chair offers. Thank you very much - we have found one. Kristi had a little down time this morning but is doing a little better this evening. She is getting the day 8 - 10 'tireds'. I think this is the cause of the down time. This is also the time I start to slide a bit. I'm usually so overwhelmed with the kids, Kristi and the house for the first week after chemo that I usually don't have time to think about anything other than making sure everyone is taken care of. Once Kristi starts feeling better and taking over a lot of the house chores my time frees up, then my mood starts sliding. I can already feel myself going down. Pray that as Kristi starts feeling better that my mind doesn't start sliding and I can stay focused. Also pray that Kristi starts to feel better again (double-edged sword I guess). This in between time is bittersweet. We enjoy the time while Kristi feels good, but then it makes it more difficult when times are bad because we know how good we could be having it.

Some prayer requests:

*Kristi has not been sleeping well for the past 4 nights and when she does sleep, she has nightmares that leave her exhausted in the morning. Pray that the dreams will start to be good or stop all together.

*Pray for her blood counts. She had her blood drawn today and we are waiting to hear what the levels are. This is usually when they start to drop and we have to start the stomach shots again.

*That we will stay healthy. We have a little bit of a cold running through the house right now.