Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday, July 8, 2007: On the Rebound

Thanks for all the prayers and e-mails over the past week; this was probably our toughest week. But, we had a really nice weekend and things are looking up so we’re looking forward not backward!

Saturday I slept in until 10:00 and Kristi until 10:30!! It was great! Then we found ourselves downtown Holland at the Windmill Restaurant for breakfast...trying to pump Kristi full of fat and calories!! :) She enjoyed scrambled eggs and bacon. Next we strolled over to the farmer's market and visited CJ Veggies where we bought some of the best organic blue berries I've ever eaten. OK, they're the first organic blue berries I've ever eaten that I know of. But, they were delicious nonetheless. (Yes, this is a shameless plug for Kristi’s aunt and her husband’s organic farm business. They have the best organic vegetables around!) That was kind of fun just strolling through the farmer's market.

Next, Kristi wanted to go to Kohl’s to look at new comforters for our bedroom. She's grown tired of our old one...and it was old! I also needed some new work clothes so off shopping we went. By the time we got to Kohl's she was too tired to walk so I had to push her through the store in a wheel chair. Hmmm, pushing my 37 year old wife in a wheel chair. I thought I would have a hard time with this but I was just thrilled she was with me and we were having a great time. Of course we got the usual stares and looks of pity, but who cares – we were having fun. We also discovered that the Kohl’s in Holland is not very wheel chair friendly! :) We ended up buying a comforter set at Penny’s and Kristi loves it.

Today I had to run the video camera at church so I had to show up to church early. To my surprise, Kristi showed up at the 2nd service with all 3 kids looking adorable!! She’s amazing! She’s missed the past few weeks so she was happy she had the energy to make it today. She took a nice 4 hour nap this afternoon and is nice and rested. Hopefully we have a good stretch coming before her next chemo. The next chemo isn’t scheduled until July 25, so we’re going to enjoy the next couple of weeks.

If anyone has a wheelchair we can borrow can you please send us an e-mail? We’d like to borrow it until Kristi is done with chemo (hopefully the end of September). It would be nice to have a wheelchair so we can take family walks at night – Kristi needs to get out of the house and this would be a good way to accomplish that. Thanks!