Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday, July 28, 2007: Living, With Cancer

It's funny...we got a comment the other day from my old friend Navin and he suggested we should change the name of our blog. What's funny is that we were just discussing that a few days before. We watched a show on PBS a couple months back called "Living With Cancer". It was a documentary about a guy that was living with cancer and how it affected his life. The one thing I noticed about the documentary was how this guy let cancer take over his life. Easy to do. We can relate. I'm certainly not knocking the guy...he had brain cancer and was told he only had a few months to live. I liked the simplicity of that title "Living With Cancer", but I didn't like the implication that cancer forced its way into his life and took it over. I want to let people know that we are LIVING - even with cancer. We are not going to let cancer take over our lives. Sure, we have our bad days...caused by cancer. You got to see first hand how cancer brought me down last week. I went through a 2 week period where I was extremely frustrated. It wasn't until I was reminded by Kristi that God is in control, not me, that I started coming around. The past few days have been great. We even got stuck in a traffic jam recently and I was the one consoling Kristi! So even though cancer wiggled its way into our lives, we pushed it back out and kept on living!

So, I thought "Living, With Cancer" was more appropriate. The comma after "Living" indicates that we are still living our lives to the fullest and we're not going to let cancer take it over...cancer's just along for the ride. I know, not very creative since I basically stole it from PBS, but hey, why reinvent the wheel?!

So here it is, the new blog title. I like to keep mixing it up every now and then. As Kristi implied a couple nights ago...I'm not one to sit still. I like change.

So anyway, things around here have been pretty quiet this weekend...just the way we like it! We will update the blog tomorrow night with some specific prayer requests before chemo. Have a great night!