Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday, July 25, 2007: Still waiting

We went to the oncologist this morning and had a good check-up. I had my blood drawn and although my counts are better, they still aren't where they need to be. My CA125 level went down to 76 (from 102) and my platelet count went up to 30,000. Brian mentioned in yesterday's update that it needs to be 80,000. Actually, they would like it to be at 100,000 before the next chemo.

I will go in tomorrow morning to have my blood drawn again. I am praying that my counts will really jump tonight so that I can have chemo on Friday. Not that I am overly excited to have chemo - it would just work best if I can have it this week so that Brian can still go on his trip to Beaver Island next week.

Speaking of Brian, he is doing much better today. He was quite frustrated yesterday, as I'm sure you figured out after reading his update. He always feels much better after venting his frustrations in his updates. It's great therapy for him.

Although we are a bit frustrated with the daily wait and see lifestyle, we are hanging in there. We have been so blessed with people willing to be flexible with childcare, meals that are being brought and the many prayers being said.

I was able to catch the last couple minutes of VBS this morning and was very excited to see all the singers wearing their Courage to Shine shirts! Every time I see one of those shirts I am reminded of all the people that care for us and support us. The upside of not having chemo yet is that I have been able to spend some time this week enjoying VBS. I typically help during this week and love the energy and excitement that fills the church every day. It's hard for me to acknowledge that I am not physically able to help this year but next year I will be back on the team!

Well, you have had lots of updates lately and some long ones! Thank you for reading and praying. It really is helpful for us to type our feelings out and also wonderful that we will have this to look back at when we have finished this journey. I look forward to the day when we look back and say "remember when" and "look how far we've come!"