Friday, December 21, 2007

Kristi's Reaction

Someone asked me to tell about Kristi's reaction to the news. Well, to be honest, she was pretty out of it. It took her 3 hours to get back from recovery. Once she got to her room we were all here waiting for her. She opened her eyes slowly, looked around the room, looked confused, then looked back at me. We were all crying a little again. Tears of joy of course. Then she reached down to her stomach and felt. Her face brightened up as she said "the bag is gone!" I said back, "yes, it is!" Then I handed her a coffee cup that said "miracles happen". The coffee cup also had a big butterfly on it. She looked confused again and asked "a butterfly?" I said "it's a miracle honey, they couldn't find any cancer!" I didn't realize that she probably didn't have clear enough vision to read yet so I had to explain the coffee cup. :)

After I told her they couldn't find any cancer she quietly replied "yeah". Then I gave her a big hug and as we were hugging she whispered into my ear "I touched His robe". Of course she is referring to the story of the woman who touched Jesus' robe and was healed.

"Just then a woman who had hemorrhaged for twelve years slipped in from behind and lightly touched his robe. She was thinking to herself, "If I can just put a finger on his robe, I'll get well." Jesus turned—caught her at it. Then he reassured her: "Courage, daughter. You took a risk of faith, and now you're well." The woman was well from then on. " Matthew 9:20

After our hug she asked why we were all crying. "That's why I'm confused". We had to explain they were tears of joy. Kristi mentioned that while she was in the recovery room she couldn't move her arms. All she remembers is a lot of pain, bright white lights, and she could hear the nurses talking. The nurses were talking to each other and Kristi remembers overhearing the one say to the other "they couldn't find any cancer in her". She wasn't sure if they were talking about her or not. Obviously they were.

Shortly after telling her she started having a lot of pain so our celebration was cut short. It took about an hour for them to get her pain under control. Since then she's been heavily medicated so I don't think it's really set in yet.

So that's how Kristi was told.