Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wednesday, December 5, 2007: Peace and Prayers

God's peace. What an amazing thing. I wish we could all have it and have it all the time. I have had perfect peace for the past two days. It is just like it was when I was first diagnosed and the week I was in the hospital. It is just unexplainable. Giving all your fears to God is a difficult thing but what a reward to have this peace in return!

On another note, I want to update you on Dawn. I received an e-mail today that said her family was notified to come to the hospital as the doctors didn't believe she would make it through the day. It is her twins birthday today. Please cover this family in prayers.

Brian's uncle is improving. He has to lay low for a couple of weeks but for now the bleeding is under control. Thank you so much for not only praying for us, but for our entire family as well. You are amazing prayer warriors!

I was blessed this evening by the Calvary Women's Bible Study. They invited me a couple weeks ago to stop by so they could pray over me. That was a wonderful experience and they allowed me to stop by again tonight. Hearing their prayers for me was so amazing and calming. Feeling their hands on my back was so comforting. Years ago this would have been way, way, way out of my comfort zone and these days I am so excited to be a part of it. Many of their prayers were that this cancer would be completely gone and my body would be healed. I have been praying that same prayer - that the doctor would open me up in surgery and find only healthy organs - no scar tissue and no cancer. God can do that! How amazing would that be? If it's Gods will than it will happen.

For now, I am just going to enjoy this amazing peace. Brian put the kids to bed tonight and has a fire in the fireplace so I'm going to stop now and enjoy this quiet time with him. The only tears I had yesterday were from reading what he wrote in his update. He is quite a guy! God knew what he was doing when he put us together. I don't know what I did to deserve him but I'm sure glad I did!!!