Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, December 10, 2007: The Countdown Begins

Wow, I can't believe how quickly the surgery date is arriving! One week from now I will be in a hospital bed and hopefully past the worst part of the bowel prep. Ugh. I'm getting lots of stuff done but still have a lot to go. I just really love being normal though and doing things like laundry and cleaning and playing with the kids without getting tired. I haven't been able to do this all year. I'm so sad at the thought of it being gone soon. But, one step back then two steps forward.

I've been mostly peaceful these days. I have had a few moments where the anxiety starts tapping on my shoulder and I start to think about the surgery and what the doctor may find. So far I am able to stop my mind at that point. I know if I think much beyond on that I will send myself right into a pity party and that wouldn't be good for anyone. Please pray that I am able to continue warding off the anxiety. I want this week to be a joyful time for my family.

I can tell Brian is becoming a bit anxious as well. He's a bit quiet lately and I'm sure he has his share of ideas running through his head. He has to travel out of state tomorrow for work so please pray for his safety. Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner and then to finish up the Christmas shopping afterwards. This will probably be our last "date" for a while which will be sad.

Ashley has come down with a cold . . . . so much for our healthy streak. She looks and feels miserable. Please pray that she will get through this quickly and that the rest of us will stay healthy.

Nathan has been a bit sensitive lately and asking questions about the surgery. He hasn't gotten enough sleep lately and that usually causes him to become sensitive. I'm hoping getting him to bed on time tonight will help.

Emily is just busy being Emily. She is just such a cutie and I love spending this time with her.

I had insomnia last night so I took a sleeping pill a while ago and am starting to fall asleep while typing so guess I'd better sign off. Thank you so much for your prayers. The prayer pager has been busy lately and is so nice to hear.


"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven'' (Matthew 18:19).