Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday, December 19, 2007: Update

Kristi had kind of a rough night with pain, but today she is resting peacefully. She got up last night and today and walked about 10 feet each time. This is great progress. She is napping right now. No word yet on when she can come home...we're still hoping by Christmas day.

I got home last night about 10:00. The kids were so excited to see me and tell me about how they heard the news about mommy. When I found out about Kristi, I had our friend Sheryl call the school secretary. The secretary then called each of the kids' classrooms. In Miss Tucker's room, Miss Tucker called Ashley out to the hallway where she shared the news about Kristi. Ashley said she wanted yell but didn't want to get into trouble. In Nathan's class, after Mrs. Wallinga got the phone call from the secretary she announced it out load to Nathan in the class. Nathan said everyone in the classroom erupted. Not sure how accurate those stories are but that's the way the kids remember it. :) The word spread quickly around school.

We are so extremely humbled by the outpouring of love. The blog was hit almost 800 times yesterday. The excitement in everybody's voice when I call them, the e-mails, the text messages, the comments on the blog. Kristi is just in awe at how many people love and care for her. We are just blown away. When I dropped the kids off this morning at school I got hugs from past and present teachers of the kids. What an awesome feeling right now.

Speaking of the kids...since we went to bed late last night, we all slept in and I took the kids out for breakfast this morning. They are so excited that mommy is all 'fixed'. Here is a picture of the kids this morning at breakfast...