Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Praise Be To God

Wow, what a day! Simply amazing, just amazing. What joy. I feel like I just won the Superbowl. Our day started at about 7:15 this morning. Kristi and I said our final goodbyes at about 7:45 and they whisked her away. That was so hard. Overall I think I did OK. Keeping me sane today were my parents, Kristi's parents, my friend Denny, and a pleasant surprise...Pastor Frank and Sally.

The time went by surprisingly fast. The anxiety really built when they told us she would be coming out in 45 minutes...that was about 11:30. Those were the longest 45 minutes of the day. Then when I saw Dr. Downey walking down the hallway he motioned me to come into the conference room with him. I was pretty much a basket case at that point. When you go into a conference room with the doctor that is usually not a good sign. But he had nothing but good news. I could just feel the anxiety melting away as he was talking. There were nothing but tears of joy. I'm pretty sure we were all sobbing. It was extra sweet that Pastor Frank and Sally were there to hear the good news in person. That was really sweet. I just think how many times he has been in that same situation with other people and heard bad news. We're so glad they were there to celebrate with us.

Kristi had a pretty difficult time coming out of surgery. Her pain on a scale of 1 to 10 was a 100. When she got back to the room she was very uncomfortable. After about an hour they got things under control. Right now she is resting peacefully. Please pray that they can manage her pain and she can rest peacefully tonight.

That's all for tonight...I'm just going to sit here and enjoy her.

Thank you all so much for caring and praying.