Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wednesday, December 26, 2007: Another Small Hurdle

After I sent out an update last night I went to bed for what turned out to be a very long and painful night. I was up every 1-2 hours with diarrhea. Sorry, gross. Anyway, Brian talked to Dr. Downey this morning and he believes I have an infection in my intestines which is not uncommon for people who have had surgery and have been laying in bed a lot.

I am on an antibiotic and an anti-diarrhea something or other. Also, I am taking Tylenol with codeine for the pain (needless to say I'm in a bit of a fog again). The most of the pain is still my incision. It is healing well though, just takes time.

Nathan came down with a cold yesterday :( He is bored at home but we don't want to send him out with germs. He is doing well considering and we are praying that he will kick it soon and that no one else will catch it. Unfortunately Emily is showing a few symptoms but not bad yet.

Please especially keep Brian in your prayers. I am not being the most cooperative patient. I don't mean to but I just really want to stay in bed and not move. It hurts so much to move and staying in bed is my way of escaping. What is a husband to do when he knows it's in his wife's best interest to get up and move but she is crying and begging to stay in bed? He is torn is so many directions with all of our needs. Please pray for patience and good health for him.

On another note, I am having some strange dreams. A few of them have been extremely scary and I find myself trying to make myself wake up during the dream and then am frozen in fear when I wake up. I believe this is a side effect from the medication in the hospital. Please pray that they end quickly. I found myself praying myself back to sleep last night and fortunately the first scary dream was also the last.

I apologize if I sound spacey - I don't like this feeling but the pain is too much to bear without the pills. I'm thinking it's time for an afternoon snooze after I guzzle more water for Dr. Brian :)