Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday, December 11, 2007: Rain, snow, rain, snow

What interesting weather we are having! I went into the store tonight and it was snowing - I came out and it was raining again. What a mushy mess. It takes more than slush to keep me from shopping though! Brian made it home safely from Ohio but unfortunately he didn't get into Holland until 7:45.

So, I went and did the shopping first and met him at Applebee's for supper. The poor guy was so tired. He had gotten up at 4:15 that morning and rode 5 hours each way. He still came to have supper with me though and it was really nice. He's crashed in bed now so I thought I'd send a little update. A verse popped in my head as I was driving tonight

He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." Mark 5:34

I have strong faith that God will heal me and that is what is keeping me focused.

My doctor is on vacation this week and he has my test results of the ct scan on my liver. We are fine with not knowing what they are thinking until it is time for surgery.

Wow, next time I need to take the sleeping pill after I update the blog! The letters are starting to blur so I think that means it's time for me to stop typing before I start babbling. I may be too late already.

One quick request I have is for a gentlemen at our church. He had a lung biopsy done a couple weeks ago and just today he was told he has cancer. Please pray for him and his family (his name is Rich). He has been so helpful and comforting to us (as he is to so many people) Pray that the love and encouragement he has sent out will come back to him during this difficult time of waiting.

Thank you prayer warriors!